Pudding-Topped Fruit Salad
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 medium ripe bananas, sliced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- 2 medium ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1 cup seedless red grapes
- Fresh mint, optional
- Drain pineapple chunks, reserving juice; refrigerate pineapple. Add water to juice if necessary to measure 3/4 cup. In a large bowl, combine the juice, crushed pineapple, sour cream and pudding mix until blended. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until thickened.
- In a large bowl, combine the bananas, blueberries, peaches, strawberries, grapes and pineapple chunks. Spread pudding mixture over the top. Garnish with mint if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 149 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 107mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Aug 15, 2017
I took this to a dinner tonight and brought home a nearly empty bowl. I used sugar free pudding and added a few more strawberries and blueberries but no other changes. I added some cut strawberries to the top for serving. This is a delicious salad and could even be served for dessert. I highly recommend this recipe.Volunteer Field Editor
Aug 5, 2008
I think the "boiled egg" is the sliced banana. Hope this helps :)
Jul 28, 2008
This makes me think of Thanksgiving and Christmas entertaining, providing a less rich alternative to the usual desserts...It looks WONDERFUL! I wonder if thawed fruit, such as strawberries, could be used, in the topping, using the saved juice, to make it pink coloured, maybe using sugar free pudding, fat free (flavoured) yogurt....... ViolaB
Jul 28, 2008
please,could you tell me what the white "boiled egg look" is in this recipe? doesnt call for eggs,and no fruit listed is this color? thanks Emma [email protected]
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.