Fruit Salad with Banana Dressing
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3-1/2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 3 cups honeydew melon balls
- 1-1/2 cups cantaloupe balls
- 1 medium mango, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1 cup halved fresh strawberries
- 1 kiwifruit, peeled, quartered and sliced
- BANANA DRESSING:
- 2 small bananas, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a food processor, combine the bananas, sour cream, brown sugar and lemon juice. Cover and process until smooth. Serve with fruit.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 112 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 21mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Aug 4, 2010
This is a great dish on a hot day or anytime.
Jan 19, 2010
we liked this salad alot but we made it in the winter so i used strawberrys,apples,pears,peaches pineapple,and kiwi. i was nervous about the banana sauce but it was really good.
May 6, 2009
The banana dressing is wonderful! Makes this fruit salad really taste like dessert!
Apr 29, 2009
dressing sounds yummy, and I think I would add a little coconut to fruits