Fruit Salad Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups crushed crisp macaroons
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups halved seedless grapes
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 cups whipped topping
- In a small saucepan, cook pineapple and sugar over medium heat for 5 minutes or until heated through. Place cold water in a bowl; sprinkle with gelatin. Let stand for 1 minute. Stir into the warm pineapple mixture. Reduce heat to low; add cream cheese. Cook and stir until cream cheese is melted and mixture is blended. Remove from the heat; cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine macaroon crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside. Stir the grapes, oranges, cherries and nuts into cream cheese mixture. Fold in the whipped topping. Pour into prepared pan. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan before serving.
Jun 9, 2019
This is deserving of the full 5 stars rating. Things I like about it is: no eggs, no bake, I can control the sugar, simple ingredients, somewhat inexpensive and fairly easy to make, and very tasty. I had all the ingredients on hand except the macaroons so I substituted graham crackers. It makes a beautiful and impressive presentation and I can see it useful for company or a special occasion or just for the family. Kudos to the person that developed this recipe. It's a keeper.
Jan 25, 2011
Absolutley love this recipe. Have made it several times and will keep making it.Have even changed it up a bit by adding apples and marshmellows. The Macaroon crust has my two thumbs up. It's a winner no matter which way you make it. it.Thanks