Pink Grapefruit Cheesecake
Cheesecake from a slow cooker? It's true! I experimented a few times to turn this iconic dessert into a slow-cooker classic. Give it a try. You'll be amazed at the results! —Krista Lanphier, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 2 hours + chilling
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon plus 2/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon grated grapefruit zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2-1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons pink grapefruit juice
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Fresh citrus fruit, optional
- Place a greased 6-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Wrap foil securely around pan. Pour 1 in. water into a 6-qt. slow cooker. Layer two 24-in. pieces of foil. Starting with a long side, fold up foil to create a 1-in.-wide strip; roll into a coil. Place in slow cooker to form a rack for the cheesecake.
- In a small bowl, mix cracker crumbs, 1 tablespoon sugar, zest and ginger; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and about 1 in. up sides of prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream and grapefruit juice. Add eggs and beat on low speed just until combined.
- Pour into crust. Place springform pan on top of coil. Cover slow cooker with a double layer of paper towels; place lid securely over towels. Cook, covered, on high 2 hours. Do not remove lid; turn off slow cooker and let cheesecake stand, covered, in slow cooker 1 hour. Center of cheesecake will be just set and top will appear dull.
- Remove springform pan from slow cooker; remove foil from pan. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 1 hour. Loosen sides from pan with a knife. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled. Remove rim from pan. If desired, garnish with fruit.
Citrus Topping: Top cheesecake with orange and grapefruit sections (from half an orange and half a grapefruit) and kumquat slices. Add sugared cranberries (recipe below) if desired. Chocolate & Pecan Topping: Melt 2 ounces semisweet chocolate with 1 teaspoon shortening and stir until smooth; drizzle over cheesecake. Top with glazed pecans. Sugared Cranberry Topping: Lightly mist 1/2 cup fresh cranberries with water; toss with 2 tablespoons sugar. Place over cheesecake; top with orange peel curls. Six-inch springform pans are available at wilton.com.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 515 calories, 37g fat (21g saturated fat), 171mg cholesterol, 404mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Pink Grapefruit Cheesecake in Holiday Slow Cooker 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.