Apple Cobbler Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 50 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours + cooling
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- COBBLER LAYER:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 jar (12 ounces) hot caramel ice cream topping, divided
- CHEESECAKE LAYER:
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a small bowl, mix cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and 1 in. up sides of a greased 10-in. springform pan. Place pan on a 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- For cobbler layer, in a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In a small bowl, whisk flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture. Drop half of the dough by tablespoonfuls into crust. Top with half of the apple slices; drizzle with 1/3 cup caramel topping.
- For cheesecake layer, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in flour and water. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over caramel. Repeat cobbler layer with remaining dough, apple and an additional 1/3 cup caramel topping.
- Bake 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until cheesecake layer no longer jiggles when moved. Cool on a wire rack 30 minutes.
- Serve warm or refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled, and serve cold. Loosen sides of cheesecake with a knife. Remove rim from pan. Warm remaining caramel topping. Serve with cheesecake; top with whipped cream.
Dec 26, 2015
Although very rich and tasty, if I try it again, I will parchment paper! Extremely difficult to get out of the spring form pan. Also will make about 2/3 recipe and use a smaller spring form pan.
Dec 21, 2015
I bet it needs some cinnamon sugar in there! Sounds great, will give it a fall try!!
Jan 11, 2015
Its good, but I wasn't wow'ed. I had to substitute regular caramel for the hot caramel, since hot caramel is difficult to find (generally 1 out 4 stores has it). I'm sure it would have been better with the proper ingredient, but I'm not sure it would've been THAT much better.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.