Apple Cobbler Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 50 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours + cooling
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- COBBLER LAYER:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 jar (12 ounces) hot caramel ice cream topping, divided
- CHEESECAKE LAYER:
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a small bowl, mix cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and 1 in. up sides of a greased 10-in. springform pan. Place pan on a 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- For cobbler layer, in a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In a small bowl, whisk flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture. Drop half of the dough by tablespoonfuls into crust. Top with half of the apple slices; drizzle with 1/3 cup caramel topping.
- For cheesecake layer, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in flour and water. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over caramel. Repeat cobbler layer with remaining dough, apple and an additional 1/3 cup caramel topping.
- Bake 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until cheesecake layer no longer jiggles when moved. Cool on a wire rack 30 minutes.
- Serve warm or refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled, and serve cold. Loosen sides of cheesecake with a knife. Remove rim from pan. Warm remaining caramel topping. Serve with cheesecake; top with whipped cream.
Dec 26, 2015
Although very rich and tasty, if I try it again, I will parchment paper! Extremely difficult to get out of the spring form pan. Also will make about 2/3 recipe and use a smaller spring form pan.
Dec 21, 2015
I bet it needs some cinnamon sugar in there! Sounds great, will give it a fall try!!
Jan 11, 2015
Its good, but I wasn't wow'ed. I had to substitute regular caramel for the hot caramel, since hot caramel is difficult to find (generally 1 out 4 stores has it). I'm sure it would have been better with the proper ingredient, but I'm not sure it would've been THAT much better.