Almond Apple Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 55 min. + chilling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter,cubed
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- In a small bowl, combine the flour and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan; prick with a fork. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until soft but set. Cool on a wire rack.
- Carefully spread jam over crust. For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla; beat just until blended. Spread over jam. For topping, combine the sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add apples and toss to coat. Spoon over filling. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 385 calories, 21g fat (11g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 173mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Oct 29, 2015
I made it today, it came out perfect. Very nice and easy to make recipy.
Oct 22, 2011
Made it in muffin tins for single portion size: AWESOME!
Dec 1, 2010
Very yummy however I added almond extract in the sour cream mixture and topped it with finely chopped almonds, walnuts and chocolate chips..
Aug 15, 2010
Excellent. Made several times.Made several times.