Caramel Cashew Cheesecake
When a friend served this luscious cheesecake at a birthday party, I left with the recipe. Every time I make it, rave reviews and recipe requests come my way. —Pat Price, Bucyrus, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 65 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chopped unsalted cashews, toasted
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5 large Eggland's Best eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup unsalted cashews, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Wrap foil securely around pan. Place on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, cut butter into flour until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cashews, confectioners' sugar and salt. Press onto the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of prepared pan. Bake 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 325°.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs and cream; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust. Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. hot water to larger pan.
- Bake until center is just set and top appears dull, 65-75 minutes. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- Before serving cheesecake, combine sugar and water in saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cover and boil 2 minutes. Uncover; boil until mixture is golden brown and a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage), about 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cream until smooth, about 5 minutes (mixture will appear lumpy at first). Add cashews; cool to lukewarm.
- Remove cheesecake to a serving platter. Spoon cooled caramel over cheesecake. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 507 calories, 36g fat (18g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 248mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Caramel Cashew Cheesecake in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.