Caramel Cashew Cheesecake
When a friend served this luscious cheesecake at a birthday party, I left with the recipe. Every time I make it, rave reviews and recipe requests come my way. —Pat Price, Bucyrus, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 65 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chopped unsalted cashews, toasted
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup unsalted cashews, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Wrap foil securely around pan. Place on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, cut butter into flour until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cashews, confectioners' sugar and salt. Press onto the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of prepared pan. Bake 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 325°.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs and cream; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust. Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. hot water to larger pan.
- Bake until center is just set and top appears dull, 65-75 minutes. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- Before serving cheesecake, combine sugar and water in saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cover and boil 2 minutes. Uncover; boil until mixture is golden brown and a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage), about 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cream until smooth, about 5 minutes (mixture will appear lumpy at first). Add cashews; cool to lukewarm.
- Remove cheesecake to a serving platter. Spoon cooled caramel over cheesecake. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 507 calories, 36g fat (18g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 248mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.