Caramel Pecan Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours + chilling
- 2 cups crushed shortbread cookies
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 5 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 2 large egg yolks, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- SOUR CREAM TOPPING:
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine cookie crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 10-in. springform pan. Bake until set, 8-10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven setting to 325°.
- Meanwhile, stir 1/4 cup flour into caramel topping. Reserve 1/3 cup caramel mixture and 2 tablespoons pecans. Drizzle remaining caramel mixture over crust; sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- In another bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and remaining flour until smooth. Beat in eggs and yolks just until combined. Stir in cream. Pour into crust; place springform pan on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until center is almost set, 65-70 minutes.
- For topping, combine sour cream and sugar; carefully spread over warm filling. Bake until topping is set, 10-12 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- Chill for 8 hours or overnight, covering when completely cooled. Remove sides of pan. Just before serving, drizzle with reserved caramel mixture; sprinkle with reserved pecans. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 858 calories, 58g fat (31g saturated fat), 255mg cholesterol, 510mg sodium, 72g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 16, 2019
Can this cheesecake be frozen for later use?
Jan 18, 2017
This is an awesome cheesecake I made it for Thanksgiving and it was a hit. I also have one in the oven now... I did make a few changes. I used Pecan Sandies for the crust and seeing how my family likes pecans I toasted a cup of pecans in a small skillet with about 2 tablespoons of butter to use on the top. I let them cool and drain on a paper towel so the excess butter would not get on the cheesecake. It was wonderful. I will make this cheesecake a lot since it is very easy to make and taste wonderful. I think it is better than the old fashioned New York cheesecake any day...
Dec 17, 2015
This is an amazing cheesecake recipe. We substituted "Pecan Sandies" for the shortbread cookies.
Apr 7, 2014
This was the first cheesecake I ever made. My family still talks about it and that was 4 Christmases ago! I am planning on making one for Easter, but I'm going to use strawberries instead of caramel and pecans and see how it turns out.
Feb 24, 2012
LOVE THIS!! The BEST cheesecake ever!!!
Aug 8, 2011
This recipe was the first cheesecake I had ever made and it turned out beautifully - and wonderfully delicious! I took it to an anniversary party where 10 different kinds of cheesecake were served and I repeatedly heard guests say this was their favorite. Go ahead and try it for yourself!
Nov 14, 2010
I make this every year for Thanksgiving Its a must have from all my kids
Jun 26, 2010
I have made this cheesecake many times and I have always had success. It is a thick, flavorful cheesecake. Every time I make it, I am always asked for the recipe. Best cheesecake ever!!!
Jun 24, 2010
i have never made a cheesecake before and it was so good, i was proud of myself. i took it to a potluck and i kept hearing who made this cheesecake. my brother in law hates cheesecake but loved this. thanks! its wonderful.
Oct 24, 2009
I made this for a party and it was a great success.