Caramel Praline-Topped Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 55 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 45 wafers)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 16 whole vanilla wafers
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 25 caramels
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 325°. Mix crushed wafers and sugar; stir in melted butter. Press onto bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Arrange vanilla wafers around sides of pan, rounded sides out, pressing gently into crust.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour over crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake until center is almost set, 55-60 minutes. Cool on a wire rack 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- Remove rim from pan. In a microwave, melt caramels with milk; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cheesecake; sprinkle with pecans.
Freeze option: Wrap individual portions of cheesecake in plastic wrap and place in a resealable plastic freezer bag. Seal bag and freeze. To use, thaw in the refrigerator.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 422 calories, 22g fat (10g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 2, 2017
This cheesecake is wonderful! It looks and tastes fantastic. I love it all year round, but it is especially great to serve in the fall. Toasting the pecans really brings out their flavor. I sometimes use graham cracker crumbs in place of the vanilla wafer crumbs in this recipe, with equally great results.
Oct 22, 2017
Rich, creamy and everyone raved about this cheesecake. I will bring this to our Christmas celebration this year.
Dec 28, 2014
my famely like this cheesecake.
Feb 14, 2014
Easy to make and everyone loved it.
Jan 9, 2014
I have made cheesecakes for years and do this one low carb. version. I use sugar free caramel sauce and sugar free melted chocolate, top with pecans. i use sugar free short bread cookies for the crust. Use c & h sugar with steiva or splenda for baking. I leave out the sour cream when I use 1/3 fat cream cheese. Try this version of this one. I love cheese cake and this one is so easy. When baking it put foil all around the pan and put inside another pan with hot water just to edges about 1/2 inch to side. Bake same time but I turn off oven and leave it in oven for 20 to 30 minutes. This help it to settle. I always cool down then refrig. for 4 o 6 hours or over night is better. I was making a idea for you out there.
Oct 29, 2013
My family loves this cheesecake. I drizzle it with caramel ice cream topping and melted chocolate chips. When I make it for thanksgiving it's the first dessert to disappear.
Jul 14, 2012
Simply loved this cheesecake!
Jul 21, 2010
I forgot to rate this recipe back in May. Have received more rave reviews and asked for the recipe EVERY time I take it to a function or gathering!
May 16, 2010
I made this the first time I saw it in the issue and it is a "must make" request ever since. Beautiful and delicious. Hint: drizzle caramel on top, do not cover, for easier slicing -- especially when cold (caramel hardens when cold). This is a beautiful and delicious recipe!
Dec 21, 2009
Easy cheesecake recipe. I serve carmel topping on the side. It comes out great every time; never any leftovers.