Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 60 wafers)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large egg, room temperature, lightly beaten
- CARAMEL SAUCE:
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, mix wafer crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and 3/4 in. up sides of a greased 10-in. springform pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in flour and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour into prepared crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- In a large heavy saucepan, melt caramels with milk over low heat; stir until smooth. Stir in walnuts. Cool to room temperature. Remove rim from springform pan. Serve cheesecake with caramel sauce.
1 slice: 352 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 208mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.