Caramel Fudge Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 35 min. + chilling
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (8-inch square pan size)
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1-1/4 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- Prepare brownie batter according to package directions. Spread into a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Place pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes (leave oven on).
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt caramels with milk. Pour over brownie crust; sprinkle with pecans.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in melted chocolate. Pour over pecans. Return pan to baking sheet.
- Bake until center is almost set, 35-40 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cool. Remove sides of pan.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 635 calories, 38g fat (13g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 369mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (51g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 7, 2016
I've been making this cheesecake for about 17 years, at least once a year for my husband's birthday. I often send one to work with him, too. Someone else has said it already, but the recipe that came in my magazine did call for two ounces of melted semi-sweet chocolate, in addition to the unsweetened chocolate. For anyone having problems with raw brownie, make sure you are using enough for ONLY an 8" pan. Most mixes provide enough batter for a 9?13 pan. If you still have trouble, try baking without a baking sheet underneath. I have never used one, it always comes out delicious! I also like to fill a Ziploc with the filling, pipe it around the edges, pour in the caramel, then pipe the remaining filling over. This helps keep the pan cleaner and prevents caramel from dripping out so much.
Sep 21, 2016
I made this last night and it also came out with the brownie being raw. Your cooking time can not be correct. Could someone advise on how long the brownie should be cooked? Really wanted to make this for daughter's team dinner.
May 8, 2016
This is the worst recipe you have ever put out. 20 minutes is NOT ENOUGH TIME TO BAKE THE BROWNIE. Either a misprint or not tested thoroughly. The ingredients for this are expensive and to have to throw this runny , sloppy mess in the trash after all that work is really upsetting.
Apr 23, 2015
Absolutley delicious! I made this for Easter (and actually made it gluten free) and had people request the recipe so they could make it the next day for a get-together!
Mar 17, 2014
This was absolutely delicious...my family raved over it...and even though my brownie was not completely done...that was the best part because of the fudginess! I will definitely be making this again!
Dec 23, 2013
I was very disappointed. This was made for a Christmas party and when I pre-cut the cheesecake before the party, I found the brownie crust was still raw! I am not an inexperienced baker so I'm not sure why everyone else raved about this recipe. Fortunately I had some cookies on hand to take to the party.
Dec 9, 2013
I made a big mistake to cheat. I tried to substitute caramel for caramel ice cream syrup. BAD move! This was very good. Took it to work for a birthday. Everyone of course loved it. Can't go wrong with chocolate.
Sep 26, 2013
Very good ! Next time I will cook the brownie just a little longer and maybe not use quite as much caramel. It was a hit at the birthday today
Sep 18, 2013
well I made this today have not tasted yet looks good but tried to take off pan bottom and caramel started to run out,but it looks delicious and my hubby likes choc and so do my grandkids so I'm sure it will get eaten up in a flash!!
Sep 16, 2013
This looks so good, I should have had the recipe yesterday, to serve at my dinner party.But never the less, I will be trying this soon.