Caramel Apple Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 50 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups cinnamon graham cracker crumbs (about 8 whole crackers)
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled apples
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of prepared pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, cook and stir caramels and milk until melted and smooth. Pour 1 cup over crust; sprinkle with 1/4 cup pecans. Set remaining caramel mixture aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1 tablespoon flour and remaining sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Combine the apples, cinnamon and remaining flour; fold into cream cheese mixture. Pour into crust.
- Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake for 40 minutes. Reheat reserved caramel mixture if necessary; gently spoon over cheesecake. Sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until center is just set. Remove pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 446 calories, 26g fat (13g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 313mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 13, 2019
This cheesecake is Amazing. I did change a few things. My sons favorite nut is pistachio so I used those, the green and pink from them was elegant and beautiful. I also used a few honey graham crackers in with the cinnamon graham, and I went with the suggestion from another review to up the amount of nuts and caramel. Definitely a hit, I will be making this every apple season.
Nov 25, 2018
Just made this as my flavor of the month I like to share with my friends, family, and co-workers for no other reason than sharing my love of cheesecake building. My goodness, the flavor in this is absolutely exquisite, and delightfully fresh and light..not too heavy, and not overly sweet. Only thing i changed, is making more than called for caramel/pecan stuff, but I love the extra. Definitely will be added into my cookbook as a regular build..wow..
Apr 21, 2018
Greatest caramel cheesecake ever!
Mar 5, 2018
My whole family loved this!
Nov 21, 2017
This was amazing!! and super simple to make! It made for a thinner cheesecake in terms of height. I was expecting it be like 3 inches high (first time I ever have made cheesecake) and it was about an inch. Which may be completely normal. lol I'm making it for Thanksgiving in a few days and am going to double the filling to get a more new york size cheesecake. :)
Nov 19, 2017
Came out great but the crust was soggy. Any idea how to prevent this?
Nov 8, 2016
I have made this many times and everyone LOVED it.
Dec 19, 2015
its the second time I made this and will make it again, I decided to make my own caramel sauce and it turned out pretty awesome
Dec 12, 2015
I'd like to make this ahead for Christmas dinner. Can I freeze it?
Oct 5, 2015
Being a lover of fall, my daughter was impressed when I made this cheesecake for her birthday. The whole family agreed that we would no longer buy cheesecake. Instead we will experiment using different fruits with this recipe. Very delicious!