Chocolate-Topped Strawberry Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1-1/4 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs (about 9 whole crackers)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 16 ounces fresh or frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1/2 cup chocolate ice cream topping
- 1 cup quartered fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix cracker crumbs and butter; press onto bottom and 1 in. up sides of a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray. Place on a baking sheet. Bake until set, about 10 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved; remove from heat.
- Hull strawberries if necessary; puree in a food processor. Remove to a bowl. Add cream cheese, cottage cheese and sugar substitute to food processor; process until smooth. While processing, gradually add gelatin mixture. Add pureed strawberries; process until blended. Transfer to a large bowl; fold in 2 cups whipped topping. Pour into crust. Refrigerate, covered, until set, 2-3 hours.
- Loosen sides of cheesecake with a knife; remove rim. To serve, top with chocolate topping, remaining whipped topping and quartered strawberries.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Splenda no-calorie sweetener.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 244 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 464mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Dec 12, 2017
May 25, 2017
This is a super easy dessert! I made this for a Memorial Day holiday party and it was a big hit. Great recipe.
May 8, 2015
Can you use 3/4 of real sugar with this recipe????
Jan 20, 2015
Question: How many strawberries do I put in the food processer? All 12, than have extra strawberries for garnish? Thank you! It looks beautiful, can't wait to try it :)
Jul 3, 2014
I made this strawberry cheesecake and it was for a friends birthday. he said he did not want to cut it couse they would eat it. I told him I would make him an other one. he said OK. I THINK IT WOULD BE A 10 STAR.
Mar 25, 2014
This cheesecake is light and fluffy absolutely delicious
Feb 10, 2014
Feb 8, 2014
This was excellent, I and the family loved it.
Dec 29, 2013
Loved this recipe.
Apr 17, 2013
iwant arecape for cholatecheespie
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.