Apple Strudel Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 1 hour + chilling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. In a small bowl, combine egg yolk and vanilla; stir into flour mixture. Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 350°.
- Place apples in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until tender; drain and cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust. Toss baked apples with cinnamon and remaining sugar. Arrange apples over cream cheese layer; drizzle with any remaining cinnamon mixture. Sprinkle with nuts. Return pan to baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Remove sides of pan. Use a sharp knife to cut. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 235 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 102mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Nov 7, 2013
Great cheese cake, loved the apple strudel thing.
Nov 16, 2010
This cheesecake has become a family favorite. It is made with less cream cheese than a normal cheesecake, so it is not "quite" as filling as a traditional cheesecake. The apple cinnamon and nut topping is fantastic!
Nov 5, 2010
This is a wonderful recipe. I can see this becoming a family favorite.
Oct 26, 2010
My family and I didn't care much for this cheesecake. We had high hopes for it as we all love cheesecake and also apples, but reminded us of a cheesecake we could have purchased at the grocery store. My 17 y/o thinks it would be better with a graham cracker crust and I agree. She is also allergic to nuts, so I didn't use them and they may be a necessary ingredient.
Nov 10, 2009
I received many compliments on this cheesecake and would make it again. Very nice flavors and looked beautiful too.
Dec 14, 2007
Great recipe. Saved in my recipe box and will definitely try it. It looks beautiful, too. Thank you. Love the way you can save recipes here.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.