Streusel-Topped Apple Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 45 min. + chilling
- 1-1/4 cups crushed gingersnap cookies (about 25 cookies)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten, room temperature
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a small bowl, combine crushed cookies and butter. Press onto the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheeses and sugar until smooth. Beat in the milk, flour and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour 2 cups filling over crust. In a large bowl, toss the apples, brown sugar and cinnamon until well coated; arrange over filling to within 1 in. of edges. Pour remaining filling over apple mixture. Bake at 325° for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients. Sprinkle over cheesecake. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 262 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 311mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 2, 2013
Absolutely fabulous taste with a cup of black coffee
May 15, 2013
One of the best desserts I have ever made! Thank you Healthy Cooking! My grocery store did not have fat-free cream cheese (shame on you Publix!) so I used 3 packages of reduced-fat cream cheese. I used 3 small Granny Smith apples.~ Theresa
Oct 28, 2012
Soooo delicious and decadent. The apple flavor wasn't over the top, more of a fall note. Great cheesecake!