Apple Danish Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 40 min. + chilling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- In a small bowl, combine flour, almonds and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Add extract. Shape dough into a ball; place between two sheets of waxed paper. Roll out into a 10-in. circle. Transfer to a greased 9-in. springform pan; gently press dough against the bottom and up the sides of pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and cream of tartar until smooth. Add egg; beat on low just until combined. Pour over crust.
- In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Add apples and stir until coated. Spoon over the filling. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 356 calories, 22g fat (11g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 169mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Sep 29, 2015
Sorry nobody in my family was overly crazy about this. I bake often and the leftovers are still sitting in my frig (which never happens).It looked pretty, but for me this dessert seemed to have an identity crisis. It didn't know if it wanted to be apple cheesecake or apple pie. I often make and enjoy unusual desserts, but this one was not for us.
Oct 6, 2014
Out of sight!!! So many have asked for the recipe!!!!!!!
Mar 18, 2013
This was delicious! It reminded me of a mix between apple pie and cheesecake. I enjoyed this recipe because it was not as rich as a regular cheesecake. I used frozen apple slices and baked it for 5-10 minutes longer. It turned out great!
Feb 23, 2013
This cake was a huge hit. The crust is absolutely delicious and I will use it in other recipes in the future. The only change I would make is to double the amounts for the cheese layer.
May 30, 2012
I have made this recipe several times and it is always a big hit.
Apr 9, 2012
Delicious. Made it for Easter Sunday lunch and it was a hit. Very easy to make - don't expect the pastry to be like a usual one, as it's very crumbly but works perfectly. Yummmmmm.
Nov 22, 2011
I actually had made this recipe before & had given the cheesecake to a friend. Thank you for sharing this recipe! I adjusted the recipe by omitting the ground almonds and adding 2 Tbsp. milk to the crust. I didn't roll out the crust dough, I just pressed it into a greased and floured 9" springform pan. I used 1 tsp. vanilla extract in the filling. I omitted the slivered almonds in the topping. I'd even made mini cheesecakes and cut the butter down to 1/4 cup and melted the 1/4 cup butter for the mini cheesecake crust which I'd placed in fluted paper liners in muffin pans. For the 9" cheesecake and the mini cheesecakes, I used the 4 cups of apple topping. I'd recommend slicing the apples in half for the mini cheesecakes, but keep the apples slices as is for the 9" cheesecake. I baked the 9" cheesecake 45 minutes and the minicheesecakes 25 to 30 minutes! As for refrigerating, I chilled the cheesecake in the springform pan overnight before removing the cheesecake. It WAS NOT easy to get the cheesecake out of the bottom of the springform pan-I did have to use several utensils to get it off the bottom!I did manage to get the cheesecake off the bottom of the pan. The mini cheesecakes I'd just chilled in my refrigerator! I would say that this recipe rated a 5* recipe! delowenstein
Sep 4, 2011
Loved this cheesecake. I used hickory nuts for the "nut part" and it was excellent!
Mar 5, 2011
I meant extra crunch not crush.
Mar 5, 2011
I always share this cheesecake with friends that haven't tried it; I also toasted chopped peanuts and walnuts and almonds in brown sugar with butter in saucepan for extra crush and always use green apples.Has not let me down the 10 times I made this.