Apple Blueberry Cobbler
Serve this old-fashioned dessert warm or cold with whipped topping or ice cream,” suggests Clara Dumke of Plant City, Florida.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + cooling Bake: 35 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 9 gingersnap cookies, crushed
- 4 large tart apples, peeled
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- Spread butter over the bottom of an 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with gingersnap crumbs; press down gently. Set aside.
- Cut each apple into 16 wedges. In a large skillet, saute apples in butter until crisp-tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool for 10 minutes. Combine the sugar, cinnamon and ginger; sprinkle over apples; toss to coat.
- Place blueberries in a bowl. Sprinkle with lemon juice and orange zest; toss gently to coat.
- For topping, combine flour and brown sugar in a small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Spoon apple mixture into prepared baking dish. Top with blueberry mixture and topping (dish will be full).
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 378 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 5g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Blueberry-Apple Cobbler in Taste of Home August/September 2005