Peach and Berry Cobbler
This is one of my favorite summer recipes, as it features peaches and berries that are in season, but is just as delicious with frozen fruit. The quick biscuit topping brings it all together.—Lauren Knoelke, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 10 medium peaches, peeled and sliced (about 6 cups)
- 2 cups mixed blackberries, raspberries and blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, mix sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and cardamom. Add peaches, berries and lemon juice; toss to combine. Transfer to a 10-in. cast iron skillet.
- In a small bowl, whisk the first six topping ingredients; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add buttermilk; stir just until moistened. Drop mixture by tablespoonfuls over peach mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, 40-45 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm. If desired, top with vanilla ice cream.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 279 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 238mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 5g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Blueberry Lemon Cobbler in Country Woman June/July 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.