Peach and Berry Cobbler
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 10 medium peaches, peeled and sliced (about 6 cups)
- 2 cups mixed blackberries, raspberries and blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, mix sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and cardamom. Add peaches, berries and lemon juice; toss to combine. Transfer to a 10-in. cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet.
- In a small bowl, whisk the first 6 topping ingredients; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add buttermilk; stir just until moistened. Drop mixture by tablespoonfuls over peach mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, until topping is golden brown, 40-45 minutes. Serve warm. If desired, top with vanilla ice cream.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 279 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 238mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 5g fiber), 4g protein.
Aug 24, 2019
We are the fence on this recipe. The flavors just did not wow us, like a bitter ribbon through the sweet peach.
Jul 2, 2019
Delicious! I used a 11x7 Pyrex dish which was just right. However I used 8 peaches instead of 10. Will definitely make this again.
Jun 22, 2019
Can this be made some other way than in a cast iron pan? I don't have those anymore because I gave them all to my daughter, who lives in another town. Any suggestions of what else I could use to bake this is?