Peach Salsa Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large peach, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Mix first six ingredients. In a small saucepan, bring broth and 1/4 cup peach mixture to a boil. Stir in rice; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, 15-18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat; brown chicken on both sides. Add remaining peach mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, 7-9 minutes. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 467 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 772mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 35g protein.
Aug 15, 2017
Amazing! I don't usually like to "fry" meats but I doubled the recipe, followed it exactly and the dish was excellent. I think because you only brown the outside of the chicken and then it really cooks with the peach salsa it comes out very tender and moist.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.