Peppy Peach Salsa
"Garden-fresh salsas are one of my favorite condiments," relates Jennifer Abbot from Moraga, California. "So when I saw a recipe for peach salsa in the newspaper, I couldn't think of anything that sounded better."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 fresh peaches, peeled and diced
- 1/2 green serrano chili pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 red serrano chili pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 small yellow chili pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- Tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, honey, garlic and ginger; let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the peaches, peppers and cilantro. Serve with chips. Refrigerate leftovers.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 30 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Peach Salsa in Quick Cooking July/August 2005