Pressure Cooker Peach Salsa
Fresh peaches and tomatoes make my salsa a hands-down winner over store versions. As a treat, I give my co-workers several jars throughout the year. —Peggi Stahnke, Cleveland, Ohio
Total TimeTakes: 25 min.
- 4 pounds (about 12) medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 each chopped peeled fresh peaches (about 4 medium), divided
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- In a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker, combine the first seven ingredients; stir in 2 cups peaches. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 3 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer's directions.
- Stir tomato paste and remaining peaches into pressure cooker. Cool. Transfer to covered containers. (If freezing, use freezer-safe containers and fill to within 1/2 in. of tops.) Refrigerate up to 1 week or freeze up to 12 months. Thaw frozen salsa in refrigerator before serving.