Pressure-Cooker Summer Squash
We love squash, but I got tired of fixing plain old squash and cheese. I decided to jazz it up a bit. This was a huge hit with the family. —Joan Hallford, North Richland Hills, Texas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 min.
- 1 pound medium yellow summer squash
- 1 pound medium zucchini
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups Caesar salad croutons, coarsely crushed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Cut squash into 1/4-inch-thick slices; place in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Add tomatoes, broth, green onions, salt and pepper. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 1 minute. Quick-release pressure. Remove squash with a slotted spoon.
- To serve, top with croutons, cheese and bacon.