Breaded Air-Fryer Summer Squash
Air-fryer summer squash is beautifully crispy. You don't have to turn the fried pieces, but do keep an eye on them. —Debi Mitchell, Flower Mound, Texas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min./batch
- 4 cups thinly sliced yellow summer squash (3 medium)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat air fryer to 350°. Place squash in a large bowl. Add oil and seasonings; toss to coat.
- In a shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs and cheese. Dip squash in crumb mixture to coat both sides, patting to help coating adhere. In batches, arrange squash in a single layer on tray in air-fryer basket. Cook until squash is tender and coating is golden brown, about 10 minutes.
Test Kitchen tip