Pressure Cooker Spicy Pork and Squash Ragu
This recipe is a marvelously spicy combo perfect for cooler fall weather—so satisfying after a day spent outdoors. —Monica Osterhaus, Paducah, Kentucky
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min. + releasing
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen cooked winter squash, thawed
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked pasta
- Shaved Parmesan cheese, optional
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Sprinkle ribs with salt, garlic powder and pepper; place in pressure cooker. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 15 minutes. Let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes; quick-release any remaining pressure.
- Remove cover; stir to break pork into smaller pieces. Serve with pasta. If desired, top with Parmesan cheese.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled ragu in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally.