Pressure Cooker Spicy Pork and Squash Ragu
This recipe is a marvelously spicy combo perfect for cooler fall weather—so satisfying after a day spent outdoors. —Monica Osterhaus, Paducah, Kentucky
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min. + releasing
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen cooked winter squash, thawed
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked pasta
- Shaved Parmesan cheese, optional
- Combine the first six ingredients in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Sprinkle ribs with salt, garlic powder and pepper; place in pressure cooker. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 15 minutes. Let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes; quick-release any remaining pressure.
- Remove cover; stir to break pork into smaller pieces. Serve with pasta. If desired, top with Parmesan cheese.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled sauce in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 cup ragu: 196 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 469mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch.
Originally published as Pork and Spicy Butternut Squash Ragú with Penne Rigate in Skinny Instant Pot
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.