Pressure-Cooker Sweet ‘n’ Sour Pork
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless pork loin roast, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Thinly sliced / chopped green onions, optional
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Place paprika in a large shallow dish. Add pork, a few pieces at a time, and turn to coat. Select saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker and adjust for medium heat; add oil. Brown pork in batches. Return all pork to pressure cooker.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; refrigerate the pineapple. Add the pineapple juice, onion, green pepper, vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and salt to pressure cooker. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 10 minutes. Quick-release pressure.
- Select saute setting and adjust for high heat; bring liquid to a boil. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into pork mixture. Add pineapple. Cook and stir until sauce is thickened, 1-2 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with green onions and serve over rice.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 312 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 592mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Aug 2, 2019
I made this last night. It was great. The pork was tender and the whole family loved it. I served it over rice. Loved the sauce. I liked it because it wasn't as sweet as I thought it was going to be. Will definitely make again! Thanks for sharing!
Jul 12, 2019
Overall flavour was a bit flat. Will make it again but will up the vinegar and sugar to intensify the sweet
Mar 18, 2019
I made this last night and it was delicious! I used thick cut loin pork chops rather than a roast and I served it with Jasmine rice, made on the stove top. Next time I might try the rice pot-in-pot in the Instant Pot with the pork and sauce. The green onions are a nice touch, color-wise and taste. Just love my Instant Pot.
Dec 10, 2018
Oct 15, 2018
I made this today, it has great flavor and the pork was tender. The only deviations I made was I bought the pineapple in syrup, the taste was still gook.