Pressure Cooker Sweet ‘n’ Sour Pork
Even though a co-worker gave me this recipe more than 20 years ago, my family still enjoys it today.—Martha Nickerson, Hancock, Maine
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless pork loin roast, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Thinly sliced / chopped green onions, optional
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Place paprika in a large resealable plastic bag. Add pork, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. Select saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker and adjust for medium heat; add oil. Brown pork in batches. Return all pork to pressure cooker.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; refrigerate the pineapple. Add the pineapple juice, onion, green pepper, vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and salt to pressure cooker. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual; adjust pressure to high and set time for 10 minutes. When finished cooking, quick release pressure according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Select saute setting and adjust for high heat; bring liquid to a boil. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into pork mixture. Add pineapple. Cook and stir until sauce is thickened, 1-2 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with green onions and serve over rice.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 312 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 592mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Originally published as Slow-Cooked Sweet 'n' Sour Pork in Cook It Fast, Cook It Slow
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.