Pressure-Cooker Sweet ‘n’ Sour Pork
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless pork loin roast, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Thinly sliced / chopped green onions, optional
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Place paprika in a large shallow dish. Add pork, a few pieces at a time, and turn to coat. Select saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker and adjust for medium heat; add oil. Brown pork in batches. Return all pork to pressure cooker.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; refrigerate the pineapple. Add the pineapple juice, onion, green pepper, vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and salt to pressure cooker. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high and set time for 10 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Select saute setting and adjust for high heat; bring liquid to a boil. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into pork mixture. Add pineapple. Cook and stir until sauce is thickened, 1-2 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with green onions and serve over rice.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 312 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 592mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 18, 2019
I made this last night and it was delicious! I used thick cut loin pork chops rather than a roast and I served it with Jasmine rice, made on the stove top. Next time I might try the rice pot-in-pot in the Instant Pot with the pork and sauce. The green onions are a nice touch, color-wise and taste. Just love my Instant Pot.
Dec 10, 2018
Oct 15, 2018
I made this today, it has great flavor and the pork was tender. The only deviations I made was I bought the pineapple in syrup, the taste was still gook.