Pressure Cooker Easy Pork Posole
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 10 min. + releasing
Makes8 servings (2 quarts)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 pound boneless pork shoulder butt roast, cubed
- 1/2 pound fully cooked andouille sausage links, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Optional ingredients: corn tortillas, chopped onion, minced fresh cilantro and lime wedges
- In a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker, select saute setting and adjust for normal heat. Add oil. Add pork cubes and sausage. Cook and stir until browned. Remove pork and sausage; drain. Return meats to pressure cooker.
- Add next 12 ingredients. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high and set time for 10 minutes. When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's directions. If desired, serve with tortillas, onion, cilantro and lime wedges.
Test Kitchen tips
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 16, 2019
https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/pressure-cooker-easy-pork-posole/ This was delicious. I did make a few tweaks because my family does not like very spicy food. I used closer to a pound of pork shoulder and instead of andouille I just used regular smoked sausage. I also used a packet of chili seasoning instead of measuring out all the spices (because I’m that lazy and I know that my kids can handle a packet of mild chili seasoning). I would have used more hominy too, like 2 cans, and about 2 C less broth. Other than that it was yummy.
Oct 4, 2018
This is a great recipe. My family loves it, they request it often. I'm making again today for about the sixth time. Thanks for a great recipe.
Feb 4, 2018
I don't like hominy and have been resisting trying posole. However, since I love my Instant Pot and am trying new recipes, decided that this looked good. Well, it was even better than it looked in the photo and so easy. I will use less broth next time and less jalapeno if I use the Cajun Anduoille. The flavor was great and my husband doesn't want me to change a thing. Thank you, thank you, thank you for a great recipe and making me change my mind about hominy - at least in this dish.