Pressure-Cooker Easy Pork Posole
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 10 min. + releasing
Makes8 servings (2 quarts)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 pound boneless pork shoulder butt roast, cubed
- 1/2 pound fully cooked andouille sausage links, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Optional ingredients: corn tortillas, chopped onion, minced fresh cilantro and lime wedges
- In a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker, select saute setting and adjust for normal heat. Add oil. Add pork cubes and sausage. Cook and stir until browned. Remove pork and sausage; drain. Return meats to pressure cooker.
- Add next 12 ingredients. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high and set time for 10 minutes. When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's directions. If desired, serve with tortillas, onion, cilantro and lime wedges.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 189 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 954mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein.
Jan 16, 2019
https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/pressure-cooker-easy-pork-posole/ This was delicious. I did make a few tweaks because my family does not like very spicy food. I used closer to a pound of pork shoulder and instead of andouille I just used regular smoked sausage. I also used a packet of chili seasoning instead of measuring out all the spices (because I’m that lazy and I know that my kids can handle a packet of mild chili seasoning). I would have used more hominy too, like 2 cans, and about 2 C less broth. Other than that it was yummy.
Oct 4, 2018
This is a great recipe. My family loves it, they request it often. I'm making again today for about the sixth time. Thanks for a great recipe.
Feb 4, 2018
I don't like hominy and have been resisting trying posole. However, since I love my Instant Pot and am trying new recipes, decided that this looked good. Well, it was even better than it looked in the photo and so easy. I will use less broth next time and less jalapeno if I use the Cajun Anduoille. The flavor was great and my husband doesn't want me to change a thing. Thank you, thank you, thank you for a great recipe and making me change my mind about hominy - at least in this dish.