Pressure-Cooker Char Siu Pork
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + marinating Cook: 1-1/4 hours + releasing
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Combine the first 7 ingredients; pour into a large shallow dish. Cut roast in half; add to dish and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Transfer pork and marinade to a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Add chicken broth. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 75 minutes. Allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure.
- Remove pork; when cool enough to handle, shred meat using 2 forks. Skim fat from cooking juices. Return pork to pressure cooker. Select saute setting and adjust for low heat; heat through. Press cancel. Top pork with fresh cilantro.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 392 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 981mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein.
Jan 18, 2020
good job. amazing recipe of meat and rice. thanks for sharing with us. You can check the latest best instant pot for the kitchen. Which may help you in your best recipes. Having superb quality. Check it’s reviews. https://instapotbuy.com
Aug 26, 2019
I used 1 tsp dried ginger instead of the fresh ginger. Everything else was as written in the recipe. It was super easy
Nov 26, 2018
We had this for dinner last night and it was delicious, so easy to put together. This recipe is a keeper 100%
Jul 15, 2018
Rating is a guess. How long to cook in a slow-cooker?