Pressure-Cooker Char Siu Pork
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + marinating Cook: 1-1/4 hours + releasing
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Combine first seven ingredients; pour into a large resealable plastic bag. Cut roast in half; add to bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- Transfer pork and marinade to a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Add chicken broth. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high and set time for 75 minutes. When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's directions.
- Remove pork; when cool enough to handle, shred meat using two forks. Skim fat from cooking juices. Return pork to pressure cooker. Select saute setting and adjust for normal heat; heat through. Top with fresh cilantro.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 392 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 981mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 26, 2018
We had this for dinner last night and it was delicious, so easy to put together. This recipe is a keeper 100%
Jul 15, 2018
Rating is a guess. How long to cook in a slow-cooker?