Slow-Cooker Pork Pozole
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chiles, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) green enchilada sauce
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound boneless country-style pork ribs
- Lime wedges and minced fresh cilantro
- Corn tortillas, optional
- In a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients; add pork. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until pork is tender.
- Remove pork from slow cooker. Cut pork into bite-sized pieces; return to slow cooker. Serve with lime wedges and cilantro and, if desired, corn tortillas.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 223 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 991mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 15g protein.
Dec 3, 2019
This had excellent flavor! I substituted a pork roast (which I seared in a frying pan before adding to the slow cooker), in place of the Country-style pork ribs. It has a flavor that you just can't get enough of! Very tasty and very easy to put together.
Nov 3, 2019
So good will be making this again
Nov 4, 2016
My husband agreed. Very good and easy.
Feb 12, 2016
Hubby an I enjoyed this very much. Very easy to throw together and let the slow cooker do the work. Thanks for the recipe.
Feb 3, 2016
Great cold weather meal