Pressure-Cooker Chinese-Style Ribs
It's nice to walk in after a hard day's work and have dinner ready in a short amount of time. I hope you agree these ribs are quick, easy and delicious. Enjoy! —Paula Marchesi, Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 30 min. + releasing
- 3 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- 6 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry or chicken stock
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 to 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Thinly sliced / chopped green onions, optional
- Place pork, green onions and water chestnuts in a 6-qt electric pressure cooker. Mix hoisin sauce, water, soy sauce, sherry, garlic, gingerroot, corn syrup, marmalade, pie spice and pepper flakes in a bowl. Pour over pork. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high and set time for 25 minutes. When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes and then quick-release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Remove pork to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices. Select saute setting and adjust for normal heat. Bring to a boil. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir cornstarch mixture into the pressure cooker. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Serve ribs with sauce and, if desired, rice and additional green onions.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 493 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 132mg cholesterol, 1115mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 42g protein.
Originally published as Chinese-Style Ribs in Cook It Fast, Cook It Slow