Chinese Country-Style Pork Ribs
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 4 pounds bone-in country-style pork ribs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cut ribs into serving-size pieces; place in a 3-qt. microwave-safe dish with water, liquid smoke if desired and onion powder. Cover and microwave on high for 15-20 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Drain ribs. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill ribs, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until browned, turning occasionally and basting with sauce. Freeze option: Place cooled ribs in a resealable freezer bag and freeze up to 3 months. To use, thaw in refrigerator overnight. Place in a baking pan; cover and bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 284 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 423mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 26g protein.
Oct 17, 2013
i am a chinese food junkie and this is a keeper,but i did add fresh grated ginger to my taste[fabuloso]
Jun 7, 2013
I did the ribs in the microwave on high 20 minutes as the recipe says but they were tough. I would not make this recipe again.
Jun 3, 2012
I don't recommend microwaving the ribs because it made them very dry. The sauce, however, is amazing! I'm going to try it on marinated pork chops next.
Jul 24, 2009
I pre-cooke in microwave as suggested and used boneless ribs, and they were delicious! Just the recipe I've been looking for.
Jul 8, 2009
I par-boiled the ribs in beer and water until tender. For the sauce, I ommitted the honey...and the ribs were still hot and sweet!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.