Sesame Pork Ribs
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 5 pounds bone-in country-style pork ribs
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Add ribs and turn to coat. Place the onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker; top with ribs
- and sauce. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Place ribs on a serving platter; sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 603 calories, 24g fat (8g saturated fat), 144mg cholesterol, 2007mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 1g fiber), 47g protein.
Mar 11, 2015
Very good and very easy recipe. I like the addition of the onion, adds a kick and additional flavor. Sauce comes together in a snap. Nice flavor over all. Made fried rice to go with it from another recipe and was a perfect meal together. Winner winner oriental dinner.
May 26, 2014
Holy sodium bat man!!!
Mar 21, 2014
This was okay. I was really hoping for more flavor. The ribs were tender. Probably will not make this again.
Nov 19, 2012
The sauce really gave it good flavor. I like to serve it with the Asian Spaghetti recipe from this site.
Mar 10, 2012
very good and easy
Oct 26, 2011
Very good. Will make again.
Feb 13, 2011
Excellent Recipe!! We have mad it many times over the years.... Great with homemade fried rice. YUMMMMM!!
Feb 9, 2011
Super moist! I had too many ribs to fit in a crock pot so I put them in a roasting pan according the recipe, cooked them 200 degrees all day and the meat fell off the bone! My family loved them.
Oct 22, 2009
I loved this recipe and so did my Daughters Family. I did make a small addition for my own desire of taste. that is I added 1/2 C. yoshida's marinade and cooking sause original gourmet sweet and savory Plus 1/4 Cup LaChoy Sweet and Sour Sause... This was added to the second batch I made. I loved the 1st batch but the second had a little more zing.
Oct 6, 2009
I have made this recipe many times, mainly for company. One of my "secrets" for less greasy pork (and I do this with all pork products that I first don't brown first) is to put the ribs in the crockpot for a few hours all by them selves. Then I pour off the grease and add remaining ingredients. Hope this helps!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.