Honey-Garlic Pork Ribs
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 4 pounds pork spareribs or pork loin back ribs
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- Cut ribs into serving-size pieces; place in a large resealable plastic bag. Combine remaining ingredients; pour half the marinade over the ribs. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for several hours or overnight, turning bag occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from ribs. Place ribs on a rack in a greased shallow baking pan. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Drain. Pour reserved marinade over ribs. Bake, uncovered, for 30-45 minutes or until meat is tender, brushing occasionally with pan juices.
Apr 13, 2014
I used a little less sugar and honey and a little more garlic, and threw in a 1/4 of chili powder (we wanted a little more kick than sweet), and they were still too sweet and the garlic got lost. They turned out very dry. The recipe didn't really make enough sauce to marinade overnight and then baste while cooking. Also, when I got to the 30 minutes of cooking it uncovered, some of honey in the sauce stuck to the pan and burnt. I might try these again, but they weren't that great.
Apr 19, 2013
I love this recipe. I make it using Country Pork Ribs so the time is different on the cooking. I also add some other ingredients, worshier sauce, Ponzu Sauce, onion powder, Dales, Teriyaki sauce. Pepper, and salt as well. I just eyeball everythingThe recipe as itself is pretty good I just like to add stuff to make things taste better :3
Mar 2, 2013
Has anyone tried this recipe yet???ginny
Jan 15, 2013
I haven't tasted it yet.
Mar 10, 2011
they have great flavor but they taste much better cooked in the slow cooker for 8 hours
Feb 26, 2011
My husband's family and my family both adore this recipe and I always have to make extra. I do marinade my ribs for 48 - 72 hours, as a simple overnight marinade leaves something to be desired in the flavor department. Over all, a very easy to make recipe with fantastic results every time.
May 6, 2010
Very sticky, but yummy!
Jan 23, 2010
Very quick and pantry ready ingredients. My husband and I loved this....
Nov 25, 2009
The marinade is very viscous and I wasn't sure if it would work, but it turned out OK. However, I have rib recipes which are just as easy and taste better, so I probably won't make this again.
Feb 18, 2009
This is my absolute favorite rib recipe. I always make extra so that I will have leftovers.