- 6 pounds pork baby back ribs, cut into two-rib portions
- 2 cups water, divided
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Place ribs bone side down in a large roasting pan; pour 1 cup water over ribs. Cover tightly and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch, garlic powder and ginger. Stir in the honey, soy sauce and remaining water until smooth. Drain fat from roasting pan; pour sauce over ribs.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes or until meat is tender, basting occasionally. Cut into serving-size pieces.
1 serving: 244 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 209mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 13g protein.