Honey Garlic Ribs
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 2-1/4 hours
- 6 pounds pork baby back ribs, cut into two-rib portions
- 2 cups water, divided
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Place ribs bone side down in a large roasting pan; pour 1 cup water over ribs. Cover tightly and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch, garlic powder and ginger. Stir in the honey, soy sauce and remaining water until smooth. Drain fat from roasting pan; pour sauce over ribs.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes or until meat is tender, basting occasionally. Cut into serving-size pieces.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 244 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 209mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 13g protein.
Feb 4, 2016
Easy to make...very tasty and most of all a hit with hubby!! A real keeper! !
Jan 24, 2015
this was the best sauce i have made a great hit with everyone. It is also great on wings
Nov 11, 2014
My entire family thought these ribs were excellent! I actually made slightly larger portions and served it as a main dish. Goes well with baked potatoes and salad.
Nov 3, 2013
this is a five star recipe, have made it several times now and always a hit. The only change I made is to use fresh garlic.
Jun 29, 2010
We make this recipe quite often. It is as good or sometimes better than the honey garlic ribs we get from our local chinese restaurant.