Apple-Gouda Pigs in a Blanket
For New Year’s, I used to make beef and cheddar pigs in a blanket, but now I like apple and Gouda for an even better flavor celebration. —Megan Weiss, Menomonie, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 small apple, peeled and cut into 24 thin slices
- 6 thin slices Gouda cheese, quartered
- 24 miniature smoked sausages
- Honey mustard salad dressing, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unroll crescent dough and separate into eight triangles; cut each lengthwise into three thin triangles. On the wide end of each triangle, place one slice apple, one folded piece cheese and one sausage; roll up tightly.
- Place 1 in. apart on parchment-lined baking sheets, point side down. Bake until golden brown, 10-12 minutes. If desired, serve with dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 82 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 203mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Mini Apple-Gouda Turkeys In A Blanket in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2018