Total TimePrep: 1 hour 35 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3-1/2 to 4 pounds pork spareribs
- JALAPENO BARBECUE SAUCE:
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; rub onto both sides of ribs. Place ribs, meat side up, on a rack in a foil-lined roasting pan. Bake at 325° for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine sauce ingredients; simmer, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes or until thickened.
- Grill ribs, uncovered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until browned, basting with sauce and turning several times. Reheat remaining sauce and serve with ribs.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts14 ounce-weight: 937 calories, 56g fat (21g saturated fat), 223mg cholesterol, 1651mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 2g fiber), 56g protein.
May 13, 2016
Amazing ribs! Like others, I doubled the sauce. Definitely a recipe I will use over and over and over!
Oct 15, 2015
Jun 29, 2015
Cooked the ribs and sauce exactly as recipe suggests this morning. Put the ribs in tinfoil with a generous amount of the sauce all over the ribs, and refrigerated to grill this afternoon. The flavors so far are great. Can't wait to grill them up. Next time I might add a little liquid smoke to the sauce just for the smokey flavor.
Apr 2, 2015
YUM!!! These ribs turned out amazing. I found my smoker through these electric smoker reviews http://www.bestsmokersforsale.com/best-electric-smoker-reviews-2015-top-5-electric-smokers/
Nov 21, 2014
Nov 9, 2014
Very good. Great flavor and nice spice.
Feb 2, 2014
Excellent ribs! The jalapeno's add great flavor to the sauce. My family requests these ribs all the time!
Oct 9, 2013
Love these ribs! Great rub! Great sauce! I used bone-in country style ribs instead. Would not change a thing!
Jun 3, 2013
Excellent... used cayenne pepper instead of chili power only because I was out. Very spicy, but really good.
May 26, 2013
we loved this recipe, the sauce was top notch. The only thing we will do different is to go with beef ribs and make a little bit more sauce and cook the ribs in the sauce then put them on the grill.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.