Honey Chipotle Ribs
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 1-1/2 hours
- 6 pounds pork baby back ribs
- BARBECUE SAUCE:
- 3 cups ketchup
- 2 bottles (11.2 ounces each) Guinness beer
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 4 teaspoons ground chipotle pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Wrap ribs in large pieces of heavy-duty foil; seal edges of foil. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until tender.
- In a large saucepan, combine sauce ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for about 45 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Carefully remove ribs from foil. Place over direct heat; baste with some of the sauce. Grill, covered, over medium heat for about 30 minutes or until browned, turning once and basting occasionally with additional sauce. Serve with remaining sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 515 calories, 21g fat (8g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 1674mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (49g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein.
Aug 13, 2017
This is my family's new favorite BBQ sauce! Love it!!
Jul 18, 2017
Mar 18, 2016
Love these ribs!!!! I put the ribs in the crockpot and poured the sauce on top and let it simmer on low for 6 to 8 hours. They come out perfect!!!!
Nov 17, 2015
This recipe should definatly have more reviews then it does. These ribs were so good! I am glad i found a recipe this yummy !
Sep 7, 2015
Best ribs ever! My 13 y/o son picked this recipe and it's a keeper! We used the extra sauce on boneless chicken breasts and grilled them too. Really good. This is the only way I will make ribs in the future.
Jul 1, 2015
FANTASTIC! It made A LOT of sauce, but when my family was done, all the extra was gone too.
Jan 5, 2015
Amazing!! Ribs are very tender and the sauce is perfect! You will have sauce left over which is great to use on chicken or pork chops. Great recipe!
Aug 2, 2013
So good. I make this sauce every time I make ribs. My husband doesn't like BBQ sauce and loves this. I make the ribs in the house now!
Aug 29, 2012
Ribs were very tender and the sauce was fabulous! It made quite a bit of sauce but will work well with chicken and other grilled items.
Jul 30, 2012
Great recipe idea! Used chicken instead of ribs and tweaked the recipe using ingredients I had on hand: Whiskey instead of beer and mustard powder instead of dijon. I used a store brand smokey honey bbq sauce. Yum!!!