Peach-Chipotle Baby Back Ribs
My son and I collaborated in the kitchen one day to put our own unique twist on classic baby back ribs. We added a sweet peachy glaze and a little heat with chipotle peppers. It was a great bonding experience, and now we have a keeper recipe for fall-off-the-bone ribs. —Rebecca Suaso, Weaverville, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 2-3/4 hours
Makes8 servings (2 cups sauce)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 pounds pork baby back ribs (about 3 racks)
- 6 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large sweet onions, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 finely chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce plus 2 tablespoons sauce
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 teaspoons ground mustard
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, salt, pepper and cayenne. If necessary, remove the thin membrane from back ribs; discard membrane. Rub brown sugar mixture over ribs. Transfer to large roasting pans. Add 1 in. hot water. Bake, covered, until ribs are tender, 2-1/2 to 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, place peaches in a blender; cover and process until smooth. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions; cook and stir until tender, 12-15 minutes. Add brown sugar, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, vinegar, mustard and peach puree; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat; simmer, uncovered, until slightly thickened, 25-30 minutes.
- Drain ribs. Grill ribs, pork side down, covered, on an oiled rack over medium heat until browned, 5-7 minutes. Turn ribs; brush with 2 cups sauce. Cook 5-7 minutes. Serve with remaining sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 serving with 1/4 cup sauce: 788 calories, 48g fat (16g saturated fat), 163mg cholesterol, 1759mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 3g fiber), 47g protein.
Originally published as Peach-Chipotle-Vidalia Barbecued Ribs in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.