For a fruity alternative to the usual barbecue sauce for ribs, try this slightly spicy recipe at your next picnic. The peaches add just the right touch of sweetness and a lovely color to this special sauce. —Sharon Taylor, Columbia, South Carolina
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Grill: 1-1/4 hours
- 3 to 4 pounds pork baby back ribs, cut into serving-size pieces
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) peach halves, drained
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Place ribs over drip pan. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 60 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the remaining ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Baste ribs.
- Grill until meat is tender and juices run clear, 15-20 minutes longer, basting occasionally with remaining sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 568 calories, 40g fat (13g saturated fat), 122mg cholesterol, 930mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein.
Sep 6, 2009
These turned out amazing. But the second time I made them I added some peach jelly to give it a more defined peach flavor. I have been asked over and over to make these. In fact they are on my Labor Day menu. Thank you.