Pork Roast with Peach Sauce
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 6 hours
Makes8 servings (2-1/2 cups sauce)
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Cut roast in half. In a large skillet, brown pork in oil on all sides. Transfer to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with onion salt and pepper.
- Drain peaches, reserving juice in a small bowl; stir the chili sauce, brown sugar, vinegar and pie spice into the juice. Spoon peaches over roast; top with juice mixture. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat and peaches to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork and peaches.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 318 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 344mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 0 fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 25, 2012
Kids liked it!
Apr 3, 2011
This recipe is a keeper. The pork roast tasted best the day after the flavors melded together. My husband wants me to prepare this dish again. Thanks to Janice Christofferson for her delicious recipe.