Pork Roast with Peach Sauce
My husband loves this roast, paired with spiced peaches and sauce. Easy to make, it’s ideal for special occasions or weeknight meals when it’s chilly here in the Northwoods.—Janice Christofferson, Eagle River, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 6 hours
Makes8 servings (2-1/2 cups sauce)
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Cut roast in half. In a large skillet, brown pork in oil on all sides. Transfer to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with onion salt and pepper.
- Drain peaches, reserving juice in a small bowl; stir the chili sauce, brown sugar, vinegar and pie spice into the juice. Spoon peaches over roast; top with juice mixture. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat and peaches to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork and peaches.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 318 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 344mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 0 fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Oct 25, 2012
Kids liked it!
Apr 3, 2011
This recipe is a keeper. The pork roast tasted best the day after the flavors melded together. My husband wants me to prepare this dish again. Thanks to Janice Christofferson for her delicious recipe.