Glazed BBQ Ribs
Total TimePrep: 2 hours Broil: 10 min.
- 2 racks pork baby back ribs (about 5 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 1 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place ribs in a shallow roasting pan, bone side down. Brush oil over ribs; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake, covered, until tender, 1-1/2 to 2 hours; drain.
- Combine remaining ingredients, reserving 3/4 cup sauce. Brush some of remaining sauce over ribs. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until ribs are glazed, brushing occasionally with additional sauce.
- Preheat broiler. Transfer ribs, bone side down, to a broiler pan. Broil 4-5 in. from heat until browned, 8-10 minutes. Serve with reserved sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 802 calories, 40g fat (13g saturated fat), 136mg cholesterol, 1813mg sodium, 70g carbohydrate (60g sugars, 1g fiber), 38g protein.
Dec 27, 2017
Sauce had a wonderful flavor. Loved the flavor the preserves brought. I had used Sonny's brand for the bottled sauce. We finished them on the grill instead of the broiler. Rib preparation yielded tender and juicy ribs.
Sep 13, 2015
No leftovers tonight! These ribs are delicious. I baked them for about 3 hours before adding the sauce. Can't wait to make them again.
Jul 17, 2015
Excellent. My only BBQ rib recipe from now on. Huge success with family.
Jul 6, 2015
I made these ribs for this past July Fourth and my family and guests raved about them! I also used Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce and doubled the recipe for the 8 lbs. of ribs I used. Cooking the ribs in the house freed up my grill for the other meats I served. However, I skipped the broiler part at the end of the recipe and finished the ribs on the grill for 10 minutes before serving. Fall-off-the-bone delicious!
Jul 4, 2015
This is a great recipe. I used Sweet Bay Ray's Raspberry BBQ sauce and Polaner sugar free preserves. The rest of the recipe I didn't change. Great reviews from all my guests.
Jul 2, 2015
Great idea. I've done the same with peach preserves(but with a bit of peach schnapps )