Classic Barbecue Sauce
This St. Louis BBQ sauce is versatile and can be used on chicken, beef or pork. —David Boehm, Glendale, Arizona
Total TimePrep/Cook time: 20 min.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoons water, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered until slightly thickened, 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Refrigerate leftovers.