Mustard Barbecue Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup chicken or beef broth
- 1 cup prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until the flavors are blended. Remove from the heat; cool.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 56 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 374mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Oct 21, 2015
I used this on pulled pork barbecue. It's a very flavorful sauce, with a bit of tang from the mustard and vinegar, and very quick to throw together.
May 6, 2010
Excellent sauce, I will definitely make again. I realized at the last minute that I did not have enough cayenne, so I ended up using about half & half cayenne and Frank's Red Hot Sauce. Very good on grilled ham slices.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.