Raspberry Barbecue Sauce
Raspberries replace the traditional tomatoes in this unique barbecue sauce. Red pepper flakes add a little kick to the thick ruby-red sauce. Great over chicken breasts or pork tenderloin, brush on the sauce near the end of the grilling time. —Garnet Pirre, Helena, Montana
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + cooling
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon olive oil
- 1-1/4 cups unsweetened raspberries
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash onion powder
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place garlic on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil; drizzle with oil. Wrap foil around garlic. Bake 15-20 minutes. Cool 10-15 minutes.
- Place softened garlic in a small saucepan. Add remaining ingredients. Cook over medium-low heat 15-20 minutes until sauce is thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Transfer to a food processor; cover and process until smooth. Strain seeds. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.