Easy Raspberry Sauce
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1-3/4 cups plus 1 tablespoon water, divided
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- In a saucepan, combine the raspberries, 1-3/4 cups water and sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Mash raspberry mixture and strain through a fine sieve into a 2-cup measuring cup; discard seeds. Add water if needed to make 2 cups puree. Return to the saucepan.
- Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; gradually stir into raspberry mixture. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat; cool. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 27 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 7g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Jul 11, 2019
I made this with fresh berries. I only had a cup or so so I halved the recipe. Easy and instead of water to make up the two cups, I added Pinot Rose local wine on a whim, about 1/2 cup to make up the difference, and it turned out great. I will definitely make this delicious syrup again.
Aug 20, 2015
So easy and great flavor! I use 12 oz. bag of organic frozen berries and have to add very little water after straining seeds. The straining step is tedious but worth it for fresh sauce with few ingredients. I use it for cheesecake and key lime squares. Add a few fresh berries and you have a beautiful and tasty dessert.
Jun 4, 2014
Can anyone help with how you could make a vinegarette (sp?) out of this? Thanks in advance.
Jul 12, 2013
I served this over angel food and ice cream with a few fresh raspberries. It was delicious! I agree the straining was a bit of a chore. I ended up adding about 3/4 c. of water to make the 2 cups but the flavor was still there.
Nov 10, 2012
Very yummy, nice and smooth. Easy except for straining the seeds out! Not too tart or too sweet.
Aug 21, 2012
This is delicious. I made breakfast for dinner with this raspberry sauce over waffles, additional fresh raspberries and bacon.