Easy Strawberry Salsa
My salsa is sweet, colorful and has just a little bit of a bite from jalapeno peppers. I use fresh strawberries and my own home-grown vegetables, but you can also use produce available year round. It's delicious with tortilla chips or even as a garnish to grill chicken or pork. — Dianna Wara, Washington, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
Makes16 servings (1/4 cup each)
- 3 cups chopped seeded tomatoes (about 4 large)
- 1-1/3 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion (about 1 small)
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet yellow or orange pepper
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Baked tortilla chip scoops
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours. Serve with chips.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup (calculated without chips): 33 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Just Picked Strawberry Salsa in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.