Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 40 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups sour cream, divided
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- Tortilla chips or crackers
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and Monterey Jack cheese until light and fluffy. Beat in 1 cup sour cream just until combined. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the salsa and chilies.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Remove from the oven; immediately spread with remaining sour cream. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate for at least 5 hours or overnight.
- To serve, remove sides of pan. Garnish with guacamole and diced tomato. Serve with tortilla chips or crackers. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 156 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 190mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Jan 30, 2017
This is a perfect appetizer for any party. I like to serve it with "scoops".
Dec 4, 2011
This recipe is amazing!!! We belong to a supper club and I took it for my appitzer and everyone loved it. I did add the pepper jack cheese instead of Monterey Jack and I also added some Cajun seasoning to it which really gave it great flavor. love it love it I will make this again:)
May 15, 2010
After making this the first time, my daughter and I decided it needed a little more zip, so I substituted Pepper Jack cheese for the Monterey Jack, and added a little cajun seasoning....Awesome. It is now one of my most requested dishes to bring to family and friends get togethers.
Jun 5, 2009
I forgot I wanted to mention that I put the salsa and chilies in a blender, for a smoother texture.
Jun 4, 2009
I first made this for my daughter's college graduation in 2005. It was great and makes a lot for a crowd. It is good on celery too. I am glad I found this recipe again, I am going to make it for a Big Birthday party!