Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 teaspoons cornmeal
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1 cup chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced
- Assorted crackers
- Sprinkle bottom of greased 9-in. springform pan with cornmeal; set aside. In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the taco seasoning, sour cream and salsa. Stir in the eggs, pepper Jack cheese and chilies. Fold in olives. Pour over cornmeal.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool for 1 hour. (Top of cheesecake may crack.) Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove sides of pan. Spread sour cream over top and sides of cheesecake. Arrange olives, onions, tomato slices and jalapeno slices on top. Serve with crackers.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Dec 7, 2016
A regular favorite, everywhere I go, and people are always asking for the recipe. I serve with tortilla chips or Wheat Thins, Fritos, any cracker/chip. I agree with Hooley B - better after sitting for a couple days. And I never bake it in a springform pan -- just a large pie plate most of the time. And since I rarely have cornmeal around, I sacrificed a box of JiffyMix Cornmeal Muffin mix just for this product. Works like a charm! I also added a can of Rotel(r) diced tomatoes and chilis, drained -- just for a little more texture.
Dec 13, 2013
This is my favorite "Go to" recipe when I need something tasty, different and easy. I serve it with Scoops Fritos or corn meal crackers if I can find them. In my experience, it has become a hit with anyone that has eaten it, and I am frequently asked to bring it when we go to a pot luck. I don't usually add all of the toppings to the cream cheese "frosting", instead I just spread a little salsa over the top. I have also made it in smaller cheesecake pans and decorated them like snowman faces with a carrot nose, black olive smile, and pepper or cherry tomato slice eyes. It keeps well and can be made days in advance and decorated at the last minute. It actually tastes better if it sits a day or two. I do not recommend replacing the ingredients with low fat versions, it isn't as good, just eat less if you must watch your diet carefully. MMMMM!
Nov 27, 2012
This is an excellent appetizer to serve with crackers and chips. I have made this several times now, and it is the hit of the party! Absolutely delicious and easy to make. I have had many requests for the recipe. I also sprinkle shredded cheese on top for a little extra flair.
Feb 17, 2011
I LOVE this recipe. I lost it and am so happy to have found it again. It has been a hit at every gathering I have brought it to. It is also quite a conversation piece!!
Jul 29, 2010
I've made this several times for church get-togethers. It always gets rave reviews and requests for the recipe. You have to plan ahead, but it 's worth it
Oct 16, 2009
I first tasted this recipe at my mom's house when she made it for a get together. It was so yummy I decided to make it for my family.
Dec 6, 2008
I would like to make this as a mini cheesecake in 4 1/2 inch spring form pan. I am not sure of the temp. and the length of time for it. Can someone help me out?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.