Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 5 min./batch
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 8 ounces pepper jack cheese, cubed
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened, cubed
- 1 package (12 ounces) tortilla chip scoops
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Sour cream and pickled jalapeno slices
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and red pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the taco seasoning, diced tomatoes and chopped green chilies. Cook and stir until thickened, 5-7 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in the pepper jack, process cheese and cream cheese until melted.
- Place 4 dozen scoops on an ungreased baking sheet. Add a rounded teaspoon of beef mixture to each. Sprinkle with Mexican cheese blend.
- Bake at 375° until heated through, about 5 minutes. Garnish each with sour cream and a jalapeno pepper slice. Repeat with remaining tortilla chip scoops.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 3, 2019
Just made these for Superbowl Sunday! I rarely get any kind of positive response for anything I cook from my husband. This time, his eyes bugged out of his head when he tried these nachos. He thanked me profusely for making these. A rarity.
Aug 3, 2016
This has become a family favorite for dinner. I add 3/4 cup of water instead of the can of tomatoes because some of us don't like tomatoes. I also apply the sour cream by putting it in a sandwich bag and cutting off the corner tip.
Feb 2, 2014
If I could give this recipe 10 stars, I would! It is one of the BEST appetizers I've ever made. We are having friends over for the Superbowl tonight and I've already had to send my husband out for more groceries to make a second batch because after I did a trial of 12 nachos to see if I needed to make any adjustments earlier today, both my husband and son begged me to cook more and that's what they ate for lunch! I will definitely be making these again and again and again! No modifications needed...these are perfect as written!
Sep 4, 2013
My kids love this recipe. It is quick and easy and we almost always have the ingredients on hand. We usually add refried beans to the beef mix. It extends the recipe and we love the taste
Dec 29, 2012
It is all that fast and serves a lot
Dec 1, 2012
It is easy and the BEST