Super Nacho Appetizer
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound uncooked chorizo
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) refried beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup bottled taco sauce
- 3 large ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- Additional shredded cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips
- Crumble beef and chorizo into a large skillet; cook over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain well. In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer the meat mixture, refried beans, chilies, cheese and taco sauce. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes.
- For guacamole, in a small bowl, mash the avocados. Stir in lemon juice and garlic salt. Cool nacho mixture for 5 minutes. Top with guacamole, sour cream, tomato and olives. Garnish with additional cheese. Serve with tortilla chips.
Nutrition FactsNutrition Facts: 1/2 cup equals 163 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 374 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Jul 8, 2013
This was good though next time I will substitute black olives for the pimiento stuffed olives.
Mar 30, 2010
We served this at our Super Bowl party. Everyone loved it. Once the ingredients are gathered it's easy to put together.
Oct 24, 2009
It looks and tastes absolutely delicious. My family loved it and I would definitely make it again.