Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 pound Velveeta, cubed
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (14-1/2 ounces) nacho cheese tortilla chips
- Optional: Sliced jalapeno pepper and diced tomato
- In a large bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients; mix well. Crush chips; set aside 1 cup for topping. Add remaining chips to chicken mixture. Spoon into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with reserved chips. Bake, uncovered, at 350° until cheese is melted and edges are bubbly, 30 minutes. Serve with sliced jalapenos and diced tomatoes if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 533 calories, 32g fat (11g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 1593mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein.
Jan 13, 2020
This was pretty tasty. Instead of velveeta I used a shredded Mexican blend and topped it with cheddar. I did not top with extra chips, but served them on the side. I skipped the jalapeños too. I think next time I would mix in some black beans and maybe some rice, and leave the chips out all together and continue to serve on the side.
Jan 9, 2020
I made this for tonight's supper, only 15 minutes left and it smells Devine. Can't wait.
Sep 10, 2019
Disregard my previous rating. Haven’t tried this. Put I’d down for the wrong recipe. ??
Aug 6, 2019
I just made this tonight for supper, and we loved it, with the following tweaks. We will not eat processed cheese, so substituted 8 oz. shredded Sharp Cheddar and 8 oz. Fiesta Blend cheese (has Monterey Jack, Cheddar, Queso Quesadilla And Asadero Cheeses),
Aug 1, 2019
I’ve been making this for years because it is delicious! I use nacho flavored Doritos in place of plain chips. I know some shun Velveeta but I like the creamy way it melts in this recipe. I add a cup of grated cheddar to the top of the casserole because extra cheese is my middle name. ??I serve the jalapeño slices and sour cream on the side so everyone can customize their serving. This is comfort food at my house. Volunteer Field Editor
Jun 21, 2019
My family love this. Thank you To assist them nutritionally lol I add capsicum green and red along with zucchini, mushroom and sweet corn ?? goes down a treat ??
May 6, 2019
I made this as directed except I substituted salsa for the tomatoes and chilies. It was quick , easy and delicious!
May 6, 2019
My husband thought it rivaled a good Mexican restaurant dish.
Feb 10, 2019
I used taco flavored Doritos and instead of using two cans of cream of chicken soup, I used 1 can of cream of chicken and 1 can of cream of mushroom and the results was awesome!! Another easy recipe!
Feb 20, 2015
I made this for dinner the other night with a few changes added cheddar instead of velveeta ()I don't care for velveeta) also I added a can of diced chili peppers and some chopped green onions. My picky eaters asked for this again. Loved it